THE UNITED NATIONS AND THE JEWS OF ISRAEL
January 17th 2009. I was sent the below to me by a long-time
friend. It certainly does put in perspective the Jewish situation
in the Holy Land.
Crash Course on the Arab Israeli Conflict
Here are overlooked facts in the current Middle East situation.
These were compiled by a Christian university professor:
It makes sense and it's not slanted. Jew and non-Jew -- it
1. Nationhood and Jerusalem. Israel became a nation in 1312 BCE.
Two thousand years before the rise of Islam.
2. Arab refugees in Israel began identifying themselves as part
of a Palestinian people in 1967, two decades after the
establishment of the modern State of Israel.
3. Since the Jewish conquest in 1272 BCE, the Jews have had
dominion over the land for one thousand years with a continuous
presence in the land for the past 3,300 years.
4. The only Arab dominion since the conquest in 635 CE lasted no
more than 22 years.
5. For over 3,300 years, Jerusalem has been the Jewish capital.
Jerusalem has never been the capital of any Arab or Muslim
entity. Even when the Jordanians occupied Jerusalem, they never
sought to make it their capital, and Arab leaders did not come to
6. Jerusalem is mentioned over 700 times in Tanach, the Jewish
Holy scriptures. Jerusalem is not mentioned once in the Koran.
7. King David founded the city of Jerusalem. Mohammed never came
8. Jews pray facing Jerusalem. Muslims pray with their backs
9. Arab and Jewish Refugees: in 1948 the Arab refugees were
encouraged to leave Israel by Arab leaders promising to purge the
land of Jews. Sixty-eight percent left without ever seeing an
10. The Jewish refugees were forced to flee from Arab lands due
to Arab brutality, persecution and pogroms.
11. The number of Arab refugees who left Israel in 1948 is
estimated to be around 630,000. The number of Jewish refugees
from Arab lands is estimated to be the same.
12. Arab refugees were INTENTIONALLY not absorbed or integrated
into the Arab lands to which they fled, despite the vast Arab
territory. Out of the 100,000,000 refugees since World War II,
theirs is the only refugee group in the world that has never been
absorbed or integrated into their own people's lands. Jewish
refugees were completely absorbed into Israel, a country no
larger than the state of New Jersey .
13. The Arab-Israeli Conflict: the Arabs are represented by eight
separate nations, not including the Palestinians. There is only
one Jewish nation. The Arab nations initiated all five wars and
lost. Israel defended itself each time and won.
14. The PLO's Charter still calls for the destruction of the
State of Israel. Israel has given the Palestinians most of the
West Bank land, autonomy under the Palestinian Authority, and has
15. Under Jordanian rule, Jewish holy sites were desecrated and
the Jews were denied access to places of worship. Under Israeli
rule, all Muslim and Christian sites have been preserved and made
accessible to people of all faiths.
16. The UN Record on Israel and the Arabs: of the 175 Security
Council resolutions passed before 1990, 97 were directed against
17. Of the 690 General Assembly resolutions voted on before 1990,
429 were directed against Israel.
18. The UN was silent while 58 Jerusalem Synagogues were
destroyed by the Jordanians.
19. The UN was silent while the Jordanians systematically
desecrated the ancient Jewish cemetery on the Mount of Olives.
20. The UN was silent while the Jordanians enforced an
apartheid-like policy of preventing Jews from visiting the Temple
Mount and the Western Wall.
War is always HORRIBLE! Some fractions of the Arab world bring it
It will be this way until the Messiah comes with the saints and
holy angels, to fight the war to put an end to wars. Then and
only then shall we have a world that shall not learn war any
more, and an age where they shall not hurt nor destroy in all of
God's holy mountain.
Much is yet to happen on this earth leading up to the time of
GREAT TRIBULATION such as never has been and never will be again.
All the prophecies of the end time can be found on this Website.
When all has come to pass, we shall have a world that is as full
of the knowledge of the Lord as the waters cover the sea beds.
To be continued from time to time.