THE QURAN…..Fifth US edition 2009 translated by Mohammed Marmaduke Pickthall
LIGHT revealed at Al-Madinah
1. (Here is) a Surah which We have revealed and enjoined,) and wherein We have revealed plain tokens, that haply ye may take heed
2. The adulterer and the adulteress, scourge ye each one of them (with) a hundred stripes. And let not pity for the twain withhold you from obedience to Allah, if ye believe in Allah and the Last Day. And let a party of believers witness their punishment.
HERE WE HAVE A PUNISHMENT OF LASHINGS - ELSEWHERE IT IS STONING. ARE WE HERE SEEING A LESS THAN DEATH PUNISHMENT? IF SO WHY WERE SOME ISLAMIC COUNTRIES STILL STONING INTO THE 1970s - Keith Hunt
3. The adulterer shall not marry save an adulteress or an idolatress, and the adulteress none shall marry save an adulterer or an idolater. All that is forbidden unto believers.
4. And those who accuse honourable women but bring not our witnesses, scourge them (with) eighty stripes and never (afterward) accept their testimony. They indeed are evil doers.
5. Save those who afterward repent and make amends. (For such) lo! Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.
6. As for those who accuse their wives but have no witnesses except themselves; let the testimony of one of them be four testimonies, (swearing) by Allah that he is of those who speak the truth;
7. And yet a fifth invoking the curse of Allah on him it he is of those who lie.
8. And it shall avert the punishment from her it she bear witness before Allah four times that the thing he saith is indeed false.
9. And a fifth (time) that the wrath of Allah be upon her if he speaketh truth.
10 And had it not been for the grace of Allah and His mercy unto you, and that Allah is Clement, Wise, (ye had been undone).
11. Lo! they who spread the slander are a gang among you. Deem it not a bad thing for you; nay it is good for you. Unto every man of them (will be paid) that which he hath earned of the sin; and as for him among them who had the greater share therein, his will be an awful doom.
12. Why did not the believers men and women, when ye heard it think good of their own folk and say: It is a manifest untruth?
13. Why did they not produce four witnesses; since they produce not witnesses, they verily are liars in the sight of Allah.
14 Had it not been for the grace of Allah and His mercy unto you in the world and the Hereafter an awful doom have overtaken you for that whereof ye murmured.
15. When ye welcomed it with your tongues, and uttered with your mouths that whereof ye had no knowledge, ye counted it a trifle, in the sight of Allah it is very great.
16. Wherefore, when ye heard it, said ye not: it is not for us to speak of this. Glory be to thee (O Allah); This is awful calumny.
17. Allah admonisheth you that ye repeat not the like thereof ever, if ye are (in truth) believers.
18. And He expounded unto you His revelations. Allah is knower, Wise.
19. Lo! those who love that slander should be spread concerning those who believe, theirs will be a painful punishment in the world and the Hereafter. Allah knoweth. Ye know not.
31. And tell the believing women to lower their gaze and be modest and to display of their adornment only that which is apparent and to draw their veils over their bosoms and not to reveal their adornment save to their own husbands or fathers or husbands’ fathers or their sons or their husbands' sons or their brothers or their brothers' sons or sisters’ sons or their women, or their slaves, or male attendants who lack vigour; or children who know naught of women's nakedness. And let them not stamp their feet so as to reveal what they hide of their adornment. And turn unto Allah together, O believers; in order that ye may succeed.
33. ….. Force not your slave-girls to whoredom that ye may seek enjoyment of the life of the world, if they would preserve their chastity. And if one force them, then (unto them), after their compulsion, lo! Allah will be forgiving, Merciful.
35. …….And Allah speaketh to mankind in allegories, for Allah is Knower of all things.
WE SHALL SHORTLY SEE AN ALLEGORY - Keith Hunt
39. As for those who disbelieve, their deeds are as a mirage:1 Ma desert The thirsty one supposeth it to be water tiff he cometh unto it and ftedeth it naught, and findeth, in the place thereof, Allah, Who payeth him his due; and Allah is swift at reckoning.
40. Or as darkness on a vast, abysmal sea. There covereth him a wave, above which is a wave, above which is a cloud. Layer upon layer of darkness. When he holdeth put his hand he scarce can see it. And he for whom Allah hath not appointed light, for him there is no light.
THERE IS AN ALLEGORY…… BUT THE CLEAR WORDS OF A LAW OR TEACHING, ARE JUST THAT….CLEAR, WITH NO DOUBLE OR HIDDEN MEANING - Keith Hunt
46. Verify We have sent down revelations and them. Allah guideth whom He will unto a straight path.
47. And they say: We believe in Allah and the messenger, and we obey; then after that a faction of them turn away. Such are not believers.
48. And when they appeal unto Allah and His messenger to judge between them, Lo! a faction of them are averse.
49. But if right had been with them they would have come unto him willingly.
50. Is there in their hearts a disease, or have they doubts, or fear they lest Allah and Hie messenger should wrong them in judgement? Nay, but such are evil-doers.
51. The saying of (all true) believers when they appeal unto Allah and His messenger to judge between them is only that they say: We hear and we obey. And such are the successful.
52. He who obeyeth Allah and His messenger and feareth Allah, and keepeth duty (unto Him): such indeed are the victorious.
53. They swear by Allah solemnly that, if thou order them, they will go forth. Say: Swear not; known obedience (is better). Lo! Allah is Informed of what ye do.
54. Say: Obey Allah and obey the messenger. But if ye turn away, then (it is) for him (to do) only that wherewith ye hath been charged, and for you (to do) only that wherewith ye have been charged. If ye obey him, ye will go aright. But the messenger hath no other charge than to convey (the message), plainly.
55. Allah hath promised such of you as believe and do good works that He will surely make them to succeed (the present rulers) in the earth even as He caused those who were before them to succeed (others); and that He will surely establish for them their religion which He hath approved for them, and will give them in exchange safety after their fear. They serve Me; They ascribe nothing as partner unto Me. Those who disbelieve henceforth, they are the miscreants.
HERE AGAIN WE SEE THE TEACHING THAT IS ABHORRENT TO ISLAM - JESUS, THOUGH THEY ADMIT WAS A PROPHET AND MESSENGER OF GOD, WAS NOT GOD IN THE FLESH. ISLAM ONLY HAS “ONE” BEING AS GOD OR ALLAH; THEY TEACH JESUS WAS JUST A MAN LIKE OTHER MEN, JUST A PROPHET LIKE OTHER PROPHETS, JUST A MESSENGER LIKE OTHER MESSENGERS - Keith Hunt
56. Establish worship and pay the poor-due and obey the messenger, that haply ye may find mercy.
57. Think not the disbelievers can escape in the land. Fire will be their home—a hapless journey's end!
60. As for women past child-bearing, who have no hope of marriage, it is no sin for them if they discard their (outer) clothing in such a way as not to show adornment. But to refrain is better for them. Allah is Hearer, Knower.
THINK ABOUT THE DRESS CODE FOR ISLAMIC WOMEN…..EVEN WITH A FULL BATHING SUIT, SAY FROM THE SHOULDERS DOWN TO THE MIDDLE OF THE THIGH, THEY COULD NOT BE PART OF THE CROWD ON A PUBLIC BEACH OR PUBLIC SWIMMING POOL AND ETC. WHERE IT IS PUBLIC - Keith Hunt
THE CRITERION (OF RIGHT AND WRONG) revealed at Mecca
In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful.
1. Blessed is He Who hath revealed unto His slave the Criterion (of right and wrong), that he may be warner to the people.
2. He unto Whom belongeth the sovereignty of the heavens and the earth, He hath chosen no son nor hath He any partner in the sovereignty. He hath created everything and hath meted out for it a measure.
ONCE MORE THE UTTERANCE OF GOD HAVING NO SON, ALSO BEING GOD [JOHN 1] OR ANYONE WITH HIM IN THE GODHEAD - Keith Hunt
3. Yet they choose beside Him other gods who create naught but are themselves created, and possess not hurt nor profit for themselves, and possess not death nor life, nor power to raise the dead.
A DENIAL THAT JESUS COULD BE PART OF THE GODHEAD, AND HAVE POWER TO RAISE THE DEAD….A DENIAL OF JESUS’ OWN WORDS [SEE JOHN 5:21, 22, 23, 24, 25-29; 11:23-26]. JESUS WILL RAISE THE DEAD; JESUS WILL REIGN OVER THE EARTH AND JUDGE THE NATIONS DURING THE 1,000 YEAR AGE TO COME - Keith Hunt
4. Those who disbelieve say: This is naught but a lie that he hath invented, and other folk have helped him with it, so that they have produced a slander and a lie.
5. And they say: Fables of the men of old which he hath had written down so that they are dictated to him morn and evening.
6. Say (unto them, O Muhammad): He Who knoweth the secret of the heavens and the earth hath revealed it. Lo! He ever is Forgiving, Merciful.
7. And they say: What aileth this messenger (of Allah) that he eateth food and walketh in the markets? Why is not an angel sent down unto him, to be a warner with him.
8. Or (why is not) a treasure thrown down unto him, or why hath he not a paradise from whence to eat? And the evildoers say: Ye are but following a man bewitched.
9. See how they coin similitudes for thee, so that they are all astray and cannot find a road!
10. Blessed is He Who, if He will, will assign thee better than (all) that—Gardens underneath which rivers flow—and will assign thee mansions.
11. Nay, but they deny (the coming of) the Hour, and for those who deny (the coming of) the Hour We have prepared a flame.
12. When it seeth them from afar, they hear the crackling and the roar thereof.
13. And when they are flung into a narrow place thereof, chained together, they pray for destruction there.
14. Pray not that day for one destruction, but pray for many destructions!
15. Say: Is that (doom) better or the Garden of Immortality which is promised unto those who ward off (evil)? It will be their reward and journey's end.
16. Therein abiding, they have all that they desire. It is for thy Lord a promise that must be fulfilled.
17. And on the day when He will assemble them and that which they worship instead of Allah, one. will say: Was it ye who misled these my slaves or did they (themselves) wander from the way?
18. They will say: Be Thou Glorified! It was not for us to choose any protecting friends beside Thee; but Thou didst give them and their fathers ease till they forgot the warning and became lost folk.
19.Thus they will give you the lie regarding what ye say, then ye can neither avert (the doom) nor obtain help. And whoso among you doeth wrong, We shall make him taste great torment.
20. We never sent before thee any messengers but lo! they ate food and walked in the markets. And We have appointed some of you a test for others: Will ye be steadfast? And thy Lord is ever Seer.
21. And those who look not for a meeting with Us say: Why are angels not sent down unto us and (why) do we not see our Lord? Assuredly they think too highly of themselves and are scornful with great pride.
22. On the day when they behold the angels, on that day there will be no good tidings for the guilty; and they will cry: A forbidding ban!
23. And We shall turn unto the work they did and make it scattered motes.
24. Those who have earned the Garden on that day will be better in their home and happier in their place of noonday rest.
25. A day when the heaven with clouds will be rent asunder and the angels will be sent down, a grand descent.
26. The Sovereignty on that day will be the True (Sovereignty) belonging to the Beneficent One, and it will be a hard day for disbelievers.
27. On the day when the wrongdoer gnaweth his hands, he will say: Ah, would that I had chosen a way together with the messenger (of Allah)!
28. Alas for me! Ah, would that I had never taken such an one for friend!
29. He verily led me astray from the Reminder after it had reached me. Satan was ever man's deserter in the hour of need.
30. And the messenger saith: O my Lord! Lo! mine own folk; make this Qur'an of no account.
31. Even so have We appointed unto every Prophet an opponent from among the guilty; but Allah sufficeth for a Guide and Helper.
32. And those who disbelieve say: Why is the Qur'an not revealed unto him all at once? (It is revealed) thus that We may strengthen thy heart therewith; and We arranged it in right order.
33. And they bring thee no similitude but We bring thee the Truth (as against it), and better (than their similitude) as argument.
34. Those who will be gathered on their faces unto Hell: such are worse in plight and further from the right road.
35. We verily gave Moses the Scripture and placed with him his brother Aaron as henchman.
36. Then We said: Go together unto the folk who have denied Our revelations. Then We destroyed them, a complete destruction.
37. And Noah's folk, when they denied rite messengers, We drowned them and made of them a portent for mankind. We have prepared a painful doom for evil-doers.
38. And (the tribes of) A'ad and Thamud, and the dwellers in Ar-Rass, and many generations in between.
39. Each (of them) We warned by examples, and each (of them) We brought to utter ruin.
40. And indeed they have passed by the township whereon was rained the fatal rain. Can it be that they have not seen, it? Nay, but they hope for no resurrection.
41. And when they see thee (O Muhammad) they treat thee only as a jest (saying): Is this he whom Allah sendeth as a messenger?
42. He would, have led us far away from our gods if we had not been staunch to them. They will know, when they behold the doom, who is more astray as to the road.
43. Hast thou seen him who chooseth for his god his own lust? Wouldst thou then be guardian over him?
44. Or deemest thou that most of them hear or understand? They are but as the cattle—nay, but they are farther astray!
45. Hast thou not seen how thy Lord hath spread the shade —And if He willed he could have made it still —then We have made the sun its pilot.
46. Then We withdraw it unto Us, a gradual withdrawal?
47. And He it is Who maketh night a covering for you, and sleep repose, and maketh day a resurrection.
48. And He it is Who sendeth the winds, glad tidings heralding His mercy, and We send down purifying water from the sky.
49. That We may give life thereby to a dead land, and We give many beasts and men that We have created to drink thereof.
50. And verily We have repeated it among them that they may remember, but most of mankind begrudge aught save ingratitude.
51. If We willed, We could raise up a warner in every village.
52. So obey not the disbelievers, but strive against them herewith with a great endeavour.
NOW THIS VERSE COULD SURE BE TAKEN IN MANY WAYS - “STRIVE AGAINST THEM” - ISLAMIC TEACHING IS PLAIN HERE, THEY ARE TO STRIVE AGAINST THE DISBELIEVER - THEY ARE NOT TO OBEY THEM - THEY ARE TO STRIVE AGAINST WITH GREAT ENDEAVOUR!! FROM THE MENTAL TO THE PHYSICAL, WHICHEVER INTERPRETATION YOU GO WITH, AS A DEVOUT MUSLIM YOU ARE TO STRIVE AGAINST THE DISBELIEVER - Keith Hunt
53. And He it is Who hath given independence to the two seas (though they meet); one palatable, sweet, and the other saltish, bitter; and hath set a bar and a forbidding ban between them.
AN ALEGORY HERE……MEANING IS INTERPRETIVE….. BUT FROM WHAT WE HAVE SO FAR SEEN IN THE QURAN, COULD IT BE ISLAMIC FAITH IS SWEET AND ANYTHING ELSE IS BITTERLY WRONG? Keith Hunt
54. And He it is Who hath created man from water, and hath appointed for him kindred by blood and kindred by marriage; for thy Lord is ever Powerful.
55. Yet they worship instead of Allah that which can neither benefit them nor hurt them. The disbeliever was ever a partisan against his Lord.
AGAIN THE ISLAMIC RELIGION IS THE ONLY TRUTH, ALL ELSE CAN NEVER BENEFIT THE DISBELIEVER - Keith Hunt
56. And We have sent thee (O Muhammad) only as a bearer of good tidings and a warner.
57. Say: I ask of you no reward for this, save that whoso will may choose a way unto his Lord.
58. And trust thou in the Living One Who dieth not, and hymn His praise. He sufficeth as the Knower of His bondmen's sins.
59. Who created the heavens and the earth and all that is between them in six Days, then He mounted the Throne. The Beneficent! Ask any one informed concerning Him!
60. And when it is said unto them: Adore the Beneficent! they say: And what is the Beneficent? Are we to adore whatever thou (Muhammad) biddest us? And it increaseth aversion in them.
61. Blessed be He Who hath placed in the heaven mansions of the stars, and hath placed therein a great lamp and a moon giving light!
62. And He it is Who hath appointed night and day in succession, for him who desireth to remember, or desireth thankfulness.
63. The (faithful) slaves of the Beneficent are they who walk upon the earth modestly, and when the foolish one address them answer: Peace!
AH AH, SO THE FOOLISH ONE IS THE DISBELIEVER, THE NON-ISLAMIC - AND “PEACE” IS TO BE ANSWERED TO THEM. SO WHAT DO WE HAVE TODAY? WE HAVE A HUGE, THE MAIN BODY OF ISLAM SAYING, “WE ARE A RELIGION OF PEACE!” WORDS ARE EASY TO SAY, AND PROBABLY MOST ISLAMIC PEOPLE IN THE WEST WANT TO LIVE IN PEACE…..BUT WE SHOULD BE SEEING BY NOW THAT THE TEACHINGS OF THE QURAN DO NOT ENDORSE PEACE, BE IT MENTALLY OR PHYSICALLY……ISLAM TEACHES WHAT WE SAW ABOVE…..OBEY NOT THE DISBELIEVERS BUT STRIVE AGAINST THEM WITH A GREAT ENDEAVOUR - Keith Hunt
64. And who spend the night before their Lord, prortrate and standing.
65. And who say: Our Lord! Avert from us the doom of hell; lo! the doom thereof is anguish.
66. Lo! it is wretched as abode and station.
67. And those who, when they spend, are neither prodigal nor grudging; and there is ever a firm station between the two.
68. And those who cry not unto any other god along with Allah, nor take the life which Allah hath forbidden save in (course of) justice, nor commit adultery—and whoso doeth this shall pay the penalty.
AGAIN HERE WOULD BE A TEACHING THAT JESUS THE CHRIST CANNOT BE “GOD” - WHICH THE NEW TESTAMENT OF THE CHRISTIAN BIBLE PROVES HE IS CALLED "GOD.” BOTH THE FATHER AND HIS SON ARE “GOD” - BOTH HAVE “GOD” AS A NAME.
TAKING LIFE AS ALLAH HAS FORBIDDEN SAVE IN COURSE OF JUSTICE, CAN HAVE MANY INTERPRETATIONS AS TO WHAT IS THE COURSE OF JUSTICE.
ADULTERY IS PRETTY PLAIN…..ADULTERY - Keith Hunt
69. The doom will be doubled for him on the Day of Resurrection, and he will abide therein disdained for ever.
70. Save him who repenteth and believeth and doth righteous work; as for such, Allah will change their evil deeds to good deeds. Allah is ever Forgiving, Merciful.
GOOD TO KNOW THAT UPON REPENTING ALLAH WILL SHOW FORGIVENESS AND MERCY - Keith Hunt
71. And whosoever repenteth and doeth good, he verily repenteth toward Allah with true repentance—
72. And those who will not witness vanity, but when they pass near senseless play, pass by with dignity.
73. And those who, when they are reminded of the revelations of their Lord, fall not deaf and blind thereat.
74. And who say: Our Lord! Vouchsafe us comfort of our wives and of our offspring, and make us patterns for (all) those who ward off (evil).
75. They will be awarded the high place forasmuch as they were steadfast, and they will meet therein with welcome and the word of peace.
76. Abiding there forever. Happy is it as abode and station!
77. Say (O Muhammad, unto the disbelievers): My Lord would not concern himself with you but for your prayer. But now ye have denied (the Truth), therefore there will be judgement.
I HAVE QUOTED THE WHOLE OF SURAH (CHAPTER) 25.
SOME OF THE VERSES ARE FOR INTERPRETATION AS TO WHAT THEY COULD MEAN; BUT OTHER VERSES ARE PRETTY UP FRONT AND PLAIN TO READ, AND SEE THEY SAY WHAT THEY MEAN AND MEAN WHAT THEY SAY.
IT SHOULD BE OBVIOUS THAT SO FAR UP TO CHAPTER 25, WE HAVE TEACHINGS IN THE QURAN THAT ARE FAR FROM “PEACEFUL.”
WE SHOULD HAVE BY NOW SEEN HOW RELATIVELY EASY IT IS FOR PEOPLE LIKE ISIS TO RECUTE YOUNG MEN AND WOMEN, WHO TRULY DESIRE TO LIVE BY THE VERSES OF THE QURAN. IT REALLY SHOULD BE NO WONDER THAT MANY FROM WESTERN NATIONS, WANTING TO BE TRUE TO ALL VERSES OF THE QURAN, HAVE GONE TO FIGHT WITH ISIS OR OTHERS, AGAINST WHAT FROM THE QURAN, ARE DIS-BELIEVERS, AND WHO ARE FIGHTING AGAINST THEM; MAKING THE QURAN FOLLOWERS JUSTIFIED TO FIGHT A HOLY WAR.
THE QURAN MENTIONS THE CREATION OF GENESIS IN THE CHRISTIAN BIBLE, IN 6 DAYS. IT MAKES MENTION OF NOAH, ABRAHAM, MOSES. IT PUTS ITSELF AS IN THE FAME OF “ALLAH” - THAT ALLAH, AND HIM ONLY WAS IN THAT HUMAN TIMEFRAME. WHILE ADMITTING JESUS CHRIST LIVED AND WAS A PROPHET, IT MAKES VERY VERY PLAIN JESUS WAS NOT “GOD IN THE FLESH” AND DOES NOT HAVE THE NAME “GOD” STAMPED ON HIM AS BEING FROM ETERNITY, AS ONE MEMBER OF THE GODHEAD. TO CALL JESUS “GOD” IS FOR THE ISLAMIC FAITH UTTER BLASPHEMY OF THE HIGHEST DEGREE.