THE THEOLOGY OF ISLAM AND THE QURAN - 2009 FIFTH US EDITION
EMPHASIZED LARGE LETTER WORD AND BOLD BLACK ARE MINE THROUGHOUT - Keith Hunt
FROM THE SECTION MARKED
REPENTANCE [revealed at Al-Madinah]
At-Taubah, "Repentance" takes its name from v. 104. It is often called Al-Bara'at (The Immunity), from the first word. It is the only surah which is without the Bi'smi'r-Rahim ("In the name of Allah the Beneficent, the Merciful") which is generally considered to be on account of the stern commandments against idolaters which it contains, vv 1-12, forming the proclamation of immunity from obligation toward the idolaters, were revealed after the pilgrims had started for Mecca in the ninth year of the Hijrah and sent by special messenger to Abu Bakr, leader of me pilgrimage, to be read out by Ali to the multitudes at Mecca. It signified the end of idolatry in Arabia. The Christian Byzantine Empire had begun to move against the growing Muslim power, and this surah contains mention of a greater war; to come, and instructions with regard to it vv. 38-39 refer to the Tabuk campaign, and especially to those Arab tribes who failed to join the Muslims in that campaign. The "Hypocrites"; as the half-hearted supporters of Al-Islam were called, had long been a thorn in the side of the Muslims. They had even at one time gone the length in dissent of forming a congregation and building a mosque of their own surreptitiously. On the Prophet's return from Tabuk they invited him to visit that mosque. This is referred to in vv. 107 ff.
The date of revelation is the ninth year of the Hijrah.
3. And a proclamation from Allah and His messenger to all men on the day of the Greater Pilgrimage that Allah is free from obligation to the idolaters, and [so is] His messenger. So, if ye repent, it will be better for you; but if ye are AVERSE, then know that ye cannot escape Allah. Give tidings [O Muhammad] of a painful doom to those who disbelieve.
5. Then, when the sacred months have passed, slay the idolaters wherever you find them, and take them [captive] and besiege them, and prepare for them each ambush. But if they repent and establish worship and pay the poor-due, then leave their way free. Lo! Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.
12. And if they break their pledge after their treaty [hath been made with you] and assail your religion, then FIGHT THE HEADS OF DISBELIEF — Lo! they have no blinding oaths — ignored that they may desist.
13. Will you not FIGHT a folk who broke their solomon pledges, and purposed to drive out the messenger and did attack you first? What? fear you not them? Now Allah has the more right that ye should fear Him, if ye are believers.
14. Fight them! Allah will chastise them at your hands, and he will lay them low and give you victory over them, and he will heal the beats of folk who are believers.
17. It is not for idolaters to tend Allah’s sanctuaries, bearing witness against themselves of disbelief. As for such, their works are vain and in Fire they will abide. (Sounds like the ever burning hell fire of torment that popular Christianity of the time was also preaching - Keith Hunt)
20. Those who believe and have left their homes and striven with their wealth and their lives in Allah’s way are of much greater worth in Allah’s sight. These are they who are triumphant. (How many young people have left Western nations to fight for ISIS….many indeed, a verse that could encourage them to do so - Keith Hunt)
21. Their Lord giveth them good tidings of mercy from Him, and acceptance, and Gardens where enduring pleasure will be theirs. (The enticement of a better afterlife if they die for Allah - Keith Hunt)
22. There they will abide forever. Lo! with Allah there is immense reward.
23. O ye who believe! Choose not your fathers nor your brethren for friends if they take pleasure in disbelief rather than faith. Whoso of you taketh them for friends, such are wrongdoers. (Here we are again concerning who Islamic people can have as “friends” - a religion not conductive to general assimilation within nations that are not Islamic, as we have already seen who Islam people can have as “friends” - Keith Hunt)
25. Allah hath given you victory on many fields and on the day of Huneyn, when ye exulted in your multitude but it availed you naught, and the earth, vast as it is, was straitened for you: then ye turned back in flight.
26. Then Allah sent His peace of reassurance down upon His messenger and upon the believers, and sent down hosts ye could not see, and punished those who disbelieved. Such is the reward of disbelievers. (Once more literal fighting for Allah, though setbacks may come, Allah will help and victory will come - Keith Hunt)
29. Fight against such of those who have been given the Scripture as believe not in Allah not the Last Day, and forbid not that which Allah hath forbidden by His messenger, and follow not the religion of truth, until they pay the tribute readily, being brought low.
30. And the Jews say: Ezra is the son of Allah, and the Christians say: The Messiah is the son of Allah. That is their saying with their mouths. They imitate the saying of those who disbelieve of old. Allah [Himself] fightieth against them. How perverse are they. (Does not sound like Muslims can assimilate into Western Christian nations, when they have such verses in their holy book - Keith Hunt)
33. He it is who has sent His messenger with the guidance and the Religion of Truth, that He may cause it to prevail over all religion, however much the idolaters may be averse.
34. O ye who believe! Lo! many of the [Jewish] rabbis and the [Christian] monks devour the wealth of mankind wantonly and debar [men] from the way of Allah. They who hoard up gold and silver and spend it not in the way of Allah, unto them give tidings [O Muhammad] of a painful doom.
36. Lo! the number of the months with Allah is twelve months by Allah’s ordinance in the day that He created the heavens and the earth. Four of them are sacred: that is the right religion. So wrong not yourselves of them. And wage war on all the idolaters as they are waging war on you. And know that Allah is with those who keep their duty [unto Him].
41. Go forth, light-armed and heavy-armed, and strive with your wealth and your lives in the way of Allah! That is best for you if ye but knew.
(THIS IS NOT SOUNDING LIKE A PEACEFUL RELIGION TO ME, HENCE AYAAN HIRSI ALI IN HER LATEST BOOK “HERETIC - Why Islam Needs a Reformation Now” is correct in all she writes, as one who has been there, raised a Muslim, has seen the inside, as we say, “been there and done that” - we should be able to see in what we have so far discovered in Islam theology, why it can be relatively easy to enroll Islamic believers in the West, to join those who are literally fighting for Allah and the religion he is supposed to have given to Muhammad, the true religion, above all religion - Keith Hunt)
63. Know they not that whoso opted Allah and His messenger, his portion verily is hell, to abide therein? That is the extreme abasement.
66. Make no excuse. Ye have disbelieved after your [confession of] belief. If We forgive a party of you, a party of you, We shall punish because they have been guilty.
68. Allah promises the hypocrites, both men and women, and the disbelievers fire of hell for their abode. It will suffice them. Allah curates them, and their is lasting torment. (Again sounds like the teaching of the popular Christianity of that day - Keith Hunt)
73. O Prophet! Strive against the disbelievers and the hypocrites! Be harsh with them. Their ultimate abode is hell, a hapless journey-end.
101. And among those around you of the wandering Arabs there are hypocrites, and among the towns people of Al-Madinah [there are some who] persist in hypocrisy whom thou [O Muhammad] knows not. We, We know them, and We shall chastise them twice; then they will be relegated to a painful doom.
123. O ye who believe! Fight those of the disbelievers who are near to you, and let them find harshness in you, and know that Allah is with those who keep their duty [unto Him].
I SUBMIT TO YOU, THAT THIS IS ALL VERY PLAIN TEACHING AND WORDS; YOU CANNOT SAY THIS IS POETRY, SYMBOLIC, ALLEGORY, PARABLES……SOMETHING THAT MEANS SOMETHING ELSE. IN THE DAYS OF MUHAMMAD, HE AND HIS FOLLOWERS DID LITERALLY FIGHT ENEMIES, AS MUCH AS POPULAR CHRISTIANITY DID LITERALLY FIGHT THEIR ENEMIES.
I CHALLENGE ANYONE, TO FIND CHAPTER AND VERSE IN THE QURAN, THAT TELLS US THE VERSES WE HAVE JUST READ, ARE ABOLISHED, DONE AWAY WITH, ABROGATED, HAVE BEEN REPEALED!
IT IS SUCH VERSES THAT MAKE IT VERY EASY TO RECRUIT DEDICATED MUSLIM YOUNG PEOPLE IN THE WEST, TO GO OFF AND JOIN ISIS OR OTHER FIGHTING FORCES WITH ISLAMIC THEOLOGY, WHO SEE THE WESTERN NATIONS AS THEIR ENEMY, AND SO MUST FIGHT THEM IN WHATEVER WAY POSSIBLE, NEAR AT HAND OR FAR OFF IN ARAB NATIONS, IN HOLY WAR FOR ALLAH.
I COME BACK IN PART TO WHAT IS WRITTEN ON THE INSIDE FRONT COVER JACKET OF AYAAN HIRSI ALI’S BOOK “HERETIC”……..
“BUT THERE IS ONLY ONE ISLAM, AND AS HIRSI ALI SHOWS, THERE IS NO DENYING THAT SOME OF ITS KEY TEACHINGS — NOT THE LEAST THE DUTY TO WAGE HOLY WAR — INSPIRE VIOLENCE NOT JUST IN THE MUSLIM WORLD BUT IN THE WEST AS WELL.”
WE CONTINUE IN THE QURAN, UNDER “JONAH” — SURAH 10 — REVEALED AT MECCA
IN THE NAME OF ALLAH, THE BENEFICENT, THE MERCIFUL…..
4. Unto Him is the return of all of you; it is a promise of Allah in truth. Lo! He products creation, then reproduceth it, that He may reward those who believe and do good works with equity; while, as for those who disbelieve, theirs will be the boiling drink and painful doom because they disbelieve.
9. Lo! those who believe and do good works, their Lord guideth them by their faith. Rivers will flow beneath them in the Gardens of Delight.
10. Their prayer therein will be: Glory be to Thee, O Allah! and their greeting therein will be: Peace, And the conclusion of their prayer will be: Praise be to Allah, Lord of the Worlds.
17. Who doth greater wrong than he who inventeth a lie concerning Allah and denote His revelations? Lo! the guilty never are successful.
26. For those who do good is the best [reward] and more [thereto]. Neither dust nor ignominy overtaketh them — They have no protector from Allah — as if their faces had been covered with a cloak of darkest night. Such are rightful owners of the Fire; they will abide therein.
31. Say [unto them, O Muhammad]: who provideth for you from the sky and the earth…who bright forth the living from the dead and bright forth the dead from the living; and Who directeth the course? They will say: Allah. Then say: Will ye then not keep your duty [unto Him]?
37. And this Quran is not such as could ever be invented in despite of Allah; but it is a confirmation of that which was before it and an exposition of that which is decreed for mankind — Therein is no doubt — form the Lord of the Worlds.
69. Say: Verily those who invent a lie concerning Allah will not succeed.
70. This world’s portion [ will be their] then unto Us is their return. Then We make them taste a dreadful doom because they used to believe.
71. Recite unto them the story of Noah…….
75. Then after them, We sent Moses and Aaron unto Pharaoh……
90. And we brought the children of Israel across the sea……
93. And we verily did allot unto the Children of Israel a fixed abode, and did provide them with good things……
94. And if thou [Muhammad] are in doubt concerning that which We reveal unto thee, then question those who read the Scripture [that was] before thee. Verily the Truth from my Lord hath come unto thee. so be not thou of the waverers.
98. If only there had been a community [of all those that were destroyed of old] that believed and profited by its belief as did the folk of Jonah! When they believed We drew off from them the torment of disgrace in the life of the world and gave them comfort for a while.
104. Say [O Muhammad]: O mankind! If you are in doubt of my religion, then [know that] I worship not those whom ye worship instead of allah, bit I worship Allah who caught you to die, and I have been commanded to be of the believers.
109. And [O Muhammad] follow that which is inspired in thee, and forbear until allah give judgement. And He is the Best of Judges.
THIS IS A VERY PSYCHOLOGICAL MOSTLY UPBEAT SECTION, THAT WANTS TO MAKE OUT ALLAH IS THE GOD OF THE OLD TESTAMENT JEWISH BIBLE, OR CHRISTIAN BIBLE.
MUHAMMAD IS HAVING MESSAGES REVEALED TO HIM OVER A PERIOD OF 23 YEARS. IT WAS IN 610 AD WHILE MUHAMMAD WAS MEDITATING IN THE CAVE OF HIRA, OUTSIDE THE CITY OF MAKKAH, THE ANGEL GABRIEL VISITED MUHAMMAD COMMANDING HIM TO “READ” (CHAPTER 96: VERSE 1). THIS WAS THE FIRST VERSE REVEALED TO MUHAMMAD FROM GOD. MUHAMMAD CONTINUED TO HAVE SUPPOSED REVELATIONS FROM GOD WHICH WERE ULTIMATELY COMPILED INTO 114 CHAPTERS (SUWAAR) - THE QURAN.
THE ISLAMIC FAITH TEACHES THE QURAN WAS REVEALED NOT TO DISTINGUISH ISLAM AS A SEPARATE RELIGION, BUT THE REVELATION OF GOD CAME AS THE FINAL MESSAGE THAT EMBODIES A UNIVERSAL MESSAGE FOR PEOPLE OF ALL TIMES.
BUT AS WE HAVE SEEN AND WILL YET SEE, MANY OF THE QURAN’S TEACHING ARE DIAMETRICALLY OPPOSED TO CHRIST AND THE APOSTLES TEACHINGS CONTAINED IN THE NEW TESTAMENT. AS HIRSI ALI [RAISED A MUSLIM] SHOWS IN HER BOOK “HERETIC” THERE IS NO DENYING, SOME OF ITS KEY TEACHINGS — NOT LEAST THE DUTY TO WAGE HOLY WAR — INSPIRE VIOLENCE NOT JUST IN THE MUSLIM WORLD BUT IN THE WEST AS WELL.
THIS SUPPOSED REVELATION FROM GOD, FIRST THROUGH THE ANGEL GABRIEL, REMINDS ME OF THE “MORMON CHURCH” AND THE SUPPOSED REVELATION TO JOSEPH SMITH VIA AN ANGEL, AND WHICH LED TO THE COMPILING OF THE BOOK OF MORMON WHICH IS SAID BY THEM TO BE THE LAST DAY REVELATIONS OF GOD, ON THE SAME FOOTING AS THE CHRISTIAN BIBLE.
THE SAME CAN BE ALSO SAID OF THE “SEVENTH DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH” AND THE SUPPOSED INSPIRED VISIONS AND REVELATIONS OF ELLEN G. WHITE, WHICH EVENTUALLY AMOUNTED TO OVER 50 BOOKS THAT SHE WROTE.
OF COURSE ALL RELIGIONS THAT POINT TO A SUPREME GOD IN THE HEAVENS, HAVE SOME TRUTH IN THEM, IF THEY DID NOT, MILLIONS WOULD NOT BE DECEIVED AND DIVIDED FROM EACH OTHER, AS TO WHAT IS THE TRUE RELIGION OF THIS GOD.
I BELIEVE I HAVE GIVEN YOU ENOUGH PROOF ON THIS WEBSITE, THAT ESTABLISHES THE CHRISTIAN BIBLE [OLD AND NEW TESTAMENT - WITHOUT THE APOCRYPHA THAT SOME BIBLES CONTAIN] AS THE INSPIRED WORD OF GOD IN HEAVEN.